Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Mr. Matthews is a 70 year old, 280 pound African American man admitted through the ER for a possible stroke. He has partial paralysis on his left side and is unable to speak. His blood pressure is 190/110 and his CT confirms a recent stroke. He is a lifetime tobacco user. During his hospital stay, it was also discovered that Mr. Matthews has atrial fibrillation and heart failure.
While in the hospital, Mr. Matthews was given the following medications: reteplase/Retavase, bumetanide/Bumex, heparin, warfarin/Coumadin, and lisinopril/Prinivil
His discharge medications include the following: furosemide/Lasix, warfarin/Coumadin, diltiazem/Cardizem, and lisinopril/Prinivil
Three months later, Mr. Matthews comes back to the hospital as he is fatigued, weak, and has found bright red blood in his stool for the last few days during bowel movements. It was discovered he has an INR of 5.6
1. Given the patient’s risk factors, list what may have contributed to Mr. Matthews’ stroke?
2. Give the rationales for each of the medications prescribed those given in the hospital and those prescribed when he was released (why were they prescribed in this case)? Your answer should indicate the purpose of the medication for this particular patient. Your answer should be brief, but accurate
Drugs given in the hospital
Drugs prescribed on release:
3. From the medications prescribed, which type of stroke do you think this patient had? Explain why.
4. Explain why Mr. Matthews was given both warfarin and heparin while in the hospital?
5. What lab values for warfarin and heparin need to be monitored?
6. What education would you provide Mr. Matthews with regard to his warfarin?
Consider lifestyle factors and precautions such as activities to be cautious about, physical changes, foods to watch, and lab values that should be monitored.
7. What pain medications should Mr. Matthews avoid and why? (think about clotting)
8. What lifestyle changes would you provide education to Mr. Matthews about?
9. With regard to the INR level three months post initial discharge, explain why this is an issue
10. Discuss a medication that should be administered at this point and why. (again, think about clotting)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.