Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
In this assignment you will design and build an alleyway. Through model design, placement, texturing,
and lighting, you will convey a sense of mood and back story.
What is an alleyway?
• A passageway between structures, (walled off on 3 sides in this assignment).
• Often narrow (limited to pedestrians or single vehicles)
• A place to enter or exit buildings (doorways, fire escapes). Usually not considered the main
entrance for guests or customers.
• A place to load and unload things (pallets, boxes, barrels).
• A place to discard things (in garbage cans, dumpsters or anywhere else).
o An equalizing space in terms of human use: Regardless of a person’s socioeconomic
status or the clientele of their business, if they’re near an alleyway, they put their
garbage in the same dumpsters.
• A place where infrastructure runs between or along building walls (power lines, electrical boxes,
conduit, vent pipes, under-street access (manholes)).
• Found in older parts of towns and cities where buildings are close together.
• Often portrayed in stories as a place of danger and illicit behavior.
• A place with no facades: real, unpretentious, and defined almost entirely by functionality.
NOTE: All models must be based reference photos or diagrams.
1. Brick walls with dirt or other signs of wear (2 side walls and enclosing end wall(s) )
2. Windows with frames inset into walls
a. Brick texture must wrap around edges of inset
b. Brick or concrete ledges below windows
c. Glass may be in any condition (clean, dirty, broken, boarded over, dark, illuminated)
3. Doorways with doors inset into walls (can be hinged or rollup door) Note: Use size reference.
a. Hinged doors need handles
b. Texture must wrap around edges of inset
4. Beveled steps leading to doorway (Note: you may substitute a model of equal complexity)
5. Pipes and conduit on walls (some bent) & electrical box
6. Sculpted ground with puddle (brick, paver, asphalt, concrete), dirty, cracked & irregular
7. Metal barrels (with ridges, and at least 1 must be dented)
8. Crates (wood, with inset panels)
9. Pallets (wood with some strips slightly angled or broken)
10. Garbage cans (metal, with lids and handles)
11. Dumpsters (metal, with plastic lids)
12. Light fixture above a doorway
2 Overview and prep
In this assignment you will create a rough layout of your scene in Maya, including 4 camera setups.
This will be based on your backstory and reference images from preproduction part 1.
See later pages of this document for important Maya setup info.
1. Scene or full project folder download
a) Goto Google Drive class folder > Project Resources > Alleyway folder.
b) Do one of the following:
a. Open the last name_first name-483 > Scenes folder and download the scene file:
483 Alleyway size reference. Place that in the Scenes folder of your own project folder.
b. Download full project folder last name_first name-483. Rename using your name.
2. Maya scene setup
a) File > Set Project, then single click to select the proper project folder.
(You should check this every time you start Maya on a computer other than your own.)
b) File > Open Scene > 483 Alleyway size reference.
c) File > Save Scene As > your last name_first name_Alleyway mockup.mb
The scene will automatically save to the scenes folder within your project folder.
3. Scene mockup
Create a mockup of your Alleyway scene, including the following components.
(See tutorials on pg 3.) Note: walls, ground, steps, pipes, conduit, & electrical box should be in final
form, ready for texturing.
a) Walls (single sided planar polygonal surfaces, not cubes) with extruded inset faces for doorways
b) Steps (beveled)
c) Ground plane with puddle(s)
d) Wall additions (Pipes & conduit, wires (optional), electrical box)
e) All other props (can be represented by geometric primitives, with accurate position, scale, and
rotation): metal barrels, crates, wood pallets, garbage cans, dumpsters, light fixture, bottles.
f) 4 perspective cameras (in addition to starting persp camera), each placed to show a different
view of the scene. You will be rendering images from each camera throughout this project.
Shots must be well composed to bring the viewer into the scene.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.